Re: [RFC v3 2/3] dt-bindings: sdm845-pinctrl: add wakeup interrupt parent for GPIO

From: Bjorn Andersson
Date: Wed Nov 28 2018 - 19:25:03 EST

On Wed 28 Nov 09:39 PST 2018, Lina Iyer wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27 2018 at 14:45 -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> > Quoting Lina Iyer (2018-11-27 10:21:23)

> > > Couldn't this be simply achieved by matching the compatible flags for
> > > PDC/MPM bindings for the wakeup-parent in the TLMM driver?
> > >

> > It could be, but then we would be making TLMM highly aware of the wakeup
> > parent
> It is is not aware of anything about the wakeup parent, just the
> compatible that indicates whether it needs to be mask locally or not.

But the information related to how the PDC is wired to GPIO pins is a
property related to the PDC not of the TLMM, so it does make sense to
represent this information there.

And iiuc it also makes sense to not encode it in DT because it's
physical wiring, not configuration.

> > and have to do compatible string matching in two places, instead
> > of making TLMM more abstractly aware that it needs to keep things masked
> > while irq parent deals with the interrupts.
> >
> Your approach seems too complex just to circumvent a simple match node.
> I think we are stretching too much to support something that is not a
> priority.

What "something" are you referring to here?

Regards,
Bjorn