Re: Can we drop upstream Linux x32 support?

From: Andy Lutomirski
Date: Wed Dec 12 2018 - 14:12:48 EST

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:50 AM Ivan Ivanov <qmastery16@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please don't drop x86 support from the Linux kernel ! You may not
> realize it, but there are plenty of people who care about x86 systems.
> I have a good old Pentium 4 based computer which is 32-bit, using it
> for some weird Linux experiments + retro gaming, and if I can't run
> new Linux kernels there - it would be SAD

Just to clarify: no one is proposing to drop 32-bit hardware support
or normal x86 compatibility support from new kernels.

That being said, you should seriously consider replacing that P4.
Unless you live somewhere with *very* cheap power or you barely use
it, replacing it will pay for itself quite quickly.