[PATCH v4 0/7] Add Armada 3700 COMPHY support
From: Miquel Raynal
Date: Thu Dec 13 2018 - 03:39:16 EST
This series adds a new driver to support Armada 3700 COMPHY IP.
The series has been tested on an ESPRESSObin with SATA, PCIe
and USB3 host. For this purpose, patch 1 enumerates the SATA PHY
mode. The SGMII PHY mode that is supported by the IP has been written
(uses SMC calls anyway) but could not be tested on this platform.
Three series will follow to add PHY support (or at least a PHY nodes
in the A3700/ESPRESSObin device trees) to the MVEBU AHCI driver, the
Aardvark PCI controller driver and the MVEBU xHCI driver. All this is
needed in order to achieve suspend to RAM on this platform.
Changes since v3:
* Added Rob's Reviewed-by tag on bindings.
* Rebased on top of phy -next as of the 12th of December, 2018.
* Adapted the driver to support SGMII/1000BASEX and
Changes since v2:
* Remove redundant check on lane->port/args->arg at the end of the
->xlate() callback. Do it on both armada-cp110 and armada-a3700
* Put my SoB as author of the patch first when a patch is co-developed.
Changes since v1:
* Fix wrong check in ->xlate().
* Apply the same fix to the cp110 comphy driver from which the a3700
driver is based.
* Added credit to Gregorz Jaszczyk for his work.
* Added Suggested-by tag to the patch adding the COMPHY DT node.
Grzegorz Jaszczyk (1):
phy: enumerate SATA PHY mode
Miquel Raynal (6):
phy: mvebu-cp110-comphy: fix port check in ->xlate()
phy: add A3700 COMPHY support
dt-bindings: phy: mvebu-comphy: extend the file to describe a3700
MAINTAINERS: phy: add entry for Armada 3700 COMPHY driver
ARM64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: fix SATA node scope
ARM64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: declare the COMPHY node
.../bindings/phy/phy-mvebu-comphy.txt | 65 +++-
MAINTAINERS | 6 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-37xx.dtsi | 31 +-
drivers/phy/marvell/Kconfig | 10 +
drivers/phy/marvell/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/phy/marvell/phy-mvebu-a3700-comphy.c | 318 ++++++++++++++++++
drivers/phy/marvell/phy-mvebu-cp110-comphy.c | 2 -
include/linux/phy/phy.h | 1 +
8 files changed, 419 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/marvell/phy-mvebu-a3700-comphy.c