Re: Problem with late AMD microcode reload/feedback

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun Dec 16 2018 - 06:12:36 EST

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 12:02:49PM +0100, RafaÅ MiÅecki wrote:
> OK, if you say so, I'll try not to panic seeing those errors repeating
> over and over.

Yes, patience is the key :-)

> I know such issues may take months or years to get fixed, so I was
> trying to do some hacking on my own. I'll try some patience :)

Well, if you wanna hack on stuff, there's a lot more you can do which is
100% safe.

Like getting rid of -Wmissing-prototypes warnings, for example, so that
we can enable this option per default. If you're interested, see here:

https://marc.info/?l=kernel-janitors&m=154178546220848&w=2

It is not hardcore stuff but if you're looking for doing some work on
the kernel, that would be one thing to do.

And of course there's the ever-so-helpful testing of linux-next kernels
on old/spare hardware and trying to fix any issues there. Or reviewing
patches on lkml.

It all depends on what kind of "hacking" you wanna do.

:-)

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.