[PATCH v6 00/11] Add initial RDA8810PL SoC and Orange Pi boards support
From: Manivannan Sadhasivam
Date: Tue Dec 18 2018 - 03:05:46 EST
This patchset adds initial RDA8810PL SoC and Orange Pi boards (2G IoT and
i96) support. RDA8810PL is an ARM Cortex A5 based SoC with Vivante's GC860
GPU. The SoC has been added as a new ARM sub architecture with myself
and Andreas as the maintainers.
More information about the boards can be found in below links:
1. Orange Pi 2G-IoT - http://www.orangepi.org/OrangePi2GIOT/
2. Orange Pi i96 - https://www.96boards.org/product/orangepi-i96/
This patchset is based on the initial revision sent out by Andreas long
I have extended his patchset with proper irqchip and UART drivers. Now,
boards can boot into initramfs with console at UART2.
Changes in v6:
* Fixed the MAINTAINERS patch commit message
Changes in v5:
* Dropped timer and irqchip patches since they got applied
* Dropped Andreas from MAINTAINERS as per his request
Changes in v4:
* Added Rob's Reviewed-by tags for vendor and SoC patches.
* Moved platform Kconfig changes from timer and irqchip drivers to
SoC support patch.
* Added Marc's Reviewed-by tag for irqchip driver.
* Addressed Rob's review comments for bindings patches.
* Added the newly created linux-unisoc mailing list to MAINTAINERS
* Dropped overseas.sales@xxxxxxxxxx mail address as it is bouncing back.
* Modified the DTS subject prefix to ARM: from arm:
Changes in v3:
As per Marc's review:
* Removed unused header and defines from irqchip driver.
* Removed setting flow handlers from set_type callback.
* Minor code cleanups.
As per Arnd's review:
* Modified the UART indexes to start from 1 to match the SoC numbering
* Enabled exposed UARTs (all 3 on both boards)
* Modified the serial aliases as per board numbering
* Added Greg's Reviewed-by tag for serial driver.
Changes in v2:
* Used readl/writel_relaxed calls for both irqchip and timer drivers as
per Marc's review.
* Implemented the logic to prevent counter wrapping during read as
suggested by Marc.
* Used the timer-of API as per Daniel's suggestion.
* Added description about the timer in both commit log and driver.
* Changed the Vendor name for RDA to Unisoc Communications Inc.
* Removed the soc node level and cleaned up devicetrees as per Rob's
* Merged interrupt controller DT patch to SoC.
* Moved aliases to board dts as per Arnd's suggestion.
* Removed RDA Micro support mail address and used Unisoc one and added
my missing signed off by tag as per Andreas's comments.
Andreas FÃrber (4):
dt-bindings: Add RDA Micro vendor prefix
dt-bindings: arm: Document RDA8810PL and reference boards
ARM: Prepare RDA8810PL SoC
dt-bindings: serial: Document RDA Micro UART
Manivannan Sadhasivam (7):
ARM: dts: Add devicetree for RDA8810PL SoC
ARM: dts: Add devicetree for OrangePi 2G IoT board
ARM: dts: Add devicetree for OrangePi i96 board
ARM: dts: rda8810pl: Add timer support
ARM: dts: rda8810pl: Add interrupt support for UART
tty: serial: Add RDA8810PL UART driver
MAINTAINERS: Add entry for RDA Micro SoC architecture
.../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt | 6 +
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/rda.txt | 17 +
.../bindings/serial/rda,8810pl-uart.txt | 17 +
.../devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.txt | 1 +
MAINTAINERS | 14 +
arch/arm/Kconfig | 2 +
arch/arm/Makefile | 1 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile | 3 +
.../boot/dts/rda8810pl-orangepi-2g-iot.dts | 50 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/rda8810pl-orangepi-i96.dts | 50 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/rda8810pl.dtsi | 99 +++
arch/arm/mach-rda/Kconfig | 9 +
arch/arm/mach-rda/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/tty/serial/Kconfig | 19 +
drivers/tty/serial/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/tty/serial/rda-uart.c | 831 ++++++++++++++++++
include/uapi/linux/serial_core.h | 3 +
17 files changed, 1124 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/rda.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/serial/rda,8810pl-uart.txt
create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/rda8810pl-orangepi-2g-iot.dts
create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/rda8810pl-orangepi-i96.dts
create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/rda8810pl.dtsi
create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-rda/Kconfig
create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-rda/Makefile
create mode 100644 drivers/tty/serial/rda-uart.c