[patch 0/9] treewide: Cleanup recently added license mess

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Jan 17 2019 - 18:15:21 EST

Recently added files or recently added SPDX license identifiers introcuded
license conflicts due to contradicting SPDX license identifiers and boiler
plate text or sloppy license notices.

That's really sad. Quite some people have put a lot of effort into cleaning
up the licensing mess and provided detailed documentation.

It's about time that everyone in the community understands that licensing
is not just an annoyance. It's a really important part of the project and
has legal implication even on the personal level.

The following series addresses recently added crimes. The patches are in a
series but are indenpendent of each other so they are intended to be
applied by the relevant maintainers after thorough review.

Unfortunately we don't have a consistency scanner at the moment. That's a
non trivial problem as the license mess throughout the kernel is horrible
in general. I'm working on a scanner bot which will at least catch newly
added SPDX related inconsistencies. But that will take a while.

Thanks,

tglx

8<------------
block/blk-mq-debugfs-zoned.c | 2 --