Re: pids.current with invalid value for hours [5.0.0 rc3 git]

From: Tetsuo Handa
Date: Sat Jan 26 2019 - 01:10:49 EST

On 2019/01/26 11:41, Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz wrote:
> dmesg:
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/cgroup-oom-2.txt

What is wrong with this output? It seems to me that the OOM killer is killing
processes as soon as python 3 fork()s one. Although "potentially unexpected
fatal signal 7." messages due to handling SIGBUS at get_signal() after the
OOM reaper reclaimed the OOM victim's memory is a bit noisy, I don't think
that something is wrong.

Jan 26 03:33:49 xps kernel: python3 invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x6000c0(GFP_KERNEL), order=0, oom_score_adj=0
Jan 26 03:33:52 xps kernel: potentially unexpected fatal signal 7.

You seem to be monitoring cgroup statistic values for only 1 minute, but
since the fork bombs might take longer than 1 minute, I'm not sure that
the statistic values after terminating cg.py and waited for a while (e.g.
1 minute) is still showing unexpected values.