Re: Add Ingenic X1000 RTC support.

From: Paul Cercueil
Date: Mon Jan 28 2019 - 15:48:26 EST

Hi,

Hello,

This seems like a useless renaming to me, can you elaborate a bit more?

I'd also like to have Paul and Lars-Peter comment.

According to the patchset, the RTC in the X1000 does not behave any different
than the one in the JZ4780 SoC. Therefore patches 1/2 should be dropped.
In your devicetree bindings, just use the "ingenic,jz4780-rtc" compatible
string instead. The same goes for all the drivers (e.g. the uart one).

I don't really mind the renaming, maybe replace "Ingenic JZ47xx SoCs" with
just "Ingenic SoCs" since XBurst is just the name of the CPU inside these
SoCs.

Regards,
-Paul