Re: ipu3-imgu 0000:00:05.0: required queues are disabled

From: Bingbu Cao
Date: Tue Jan 29 2019 - 06:26:20 EST

On 01/28/2019 11:45 PM, Kai Heng Feng wrote:
Hi Kieran,

On Jan 28, 2019, at 4:48 PM, Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kai-Heng,

On 27/01/2019 05:56, Kai-Heng Feng wrote:
Hi,

We have a bug report [1] that the ipu3 doesn’t work.
Does ipu3 need special userspace to work?
Yes, it will need further userspace support to configure the pipeline,
and to provide 3A algorithms for white balance, focus, and exposure
times to the sensor.

We are developing a stack called libcamera [0] to support this, but it's
still in active development and not yet ready for use. Fortunately
however, IPU3 is one of our primary initial targets.
Thanks for the info.
Hi, Kai-Heng,

Like Bingham said, for IPU3 some heavy control from the userspace is needed.
libcamera is a very good start.
If you just want to verify the driver firstly, you can use script to take a try.
[0] https://www.libcamera.org/

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1812114
I have reported similar information to the launchpad bug entry.

It might help if we can get hold of a Dell 7275 sometime although I
think Mauro at least has one ?

If this is a priority for Canonical, please contact us directly.
Not really, just raise issues from Launchpad to appropriate mailing list.

Kai-Heng

Kai-Heng
--
Regards