Re: New underflow of regulator enable count warnings in v5.0-rc1

From: Sebastian Reichel
Date: Tue Jan 29 2019 - 12:18:51 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 08:48:13AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Looks like commit 5451781dadf8 ("regulator: core: Only count load for
> enabled consumers") started showing new warnings with v5.0-rc cycle:
>
> regulator-dummy: Underflow of regulator enable count
>
> I'm seeing this at least with my pwm-vibra test case:
>
> # rumble-test /dev/input/by-path/platform-vibrator-event 0xffff
> pwm-vibrator vibrator: vibrator supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator
> input: pwm-vibrator as /devices/platform/vibrator/input/input4
> regulator-dummy: Underflow of regulator enable count
> Upload rumble effect... id=0
> regulator-dummy: Underflow of regulator enable count
>
> Are these bogus warnings for dummy regulator or do we have
> real unpaired regulator calls or somewhere?

There are real unpaired regulator calls in the pwm-vibrator driver,
that I did not notice when I wrote the driver :(. Good news is, that
PaweÅ Chmiel and Jonathan Bakker are already working on fixing my mess:

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1032759/

On Droid 4 it's a dummy regulator, since I did not know what
regulator is being used to supply the vibrator. Probably directly
from the battery.

-- Sebastian