Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f) with LG TV

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Fri Feb 01 2019 - 16:20:48 EST

Dear Linux folks,

When trying to pair a Dell Latitude E7250 running Debian Sid/unstable with Linux 4.20 and GNOME 3.30 with an LG TV, after starting the pairing process the TV is listed. in Bluetooth dialog of GNOME setting.

The TV displays the instructions below.

Complete the next three steps on your mobile device:
1. Turn ON Bluetooth.
2. Select the TV name from the list of available devices.
â TV Name : 679
3. Confirm the connection request.

Selecting the TV in the GNOME dialog, a dialog is shown on my system with a PIN consisting of six numbers. With the dialog, Linux logs the message below.

Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)

But, the TV does not show any PIN. Confirming it anyway, nothing is happening further.

Is that supposed to work? Itâd be great if you helped me to set this up.

Kind regards,

Paul