[v4 PATCH 0/8] Various SMP related fixes
From: Atish Patra
Date: Tue Feb 12 2019 - 06:11:14 EST
The existing upstream kernel doesn't boot for non-smp configuration.
This patch series address various issues with non-smp configurations.
The patch series is based on 5.0-rc5 + Johan's below mentioned patch
series. Tested on both QEMU and HiFive Unleashed board using both
OpenSBI & BBL.
Changes from v3->v4
1. Fixed commit text length issues.
2. Updated hwcap patch to use common capabilities of all harts.
3. Rebased on Johan's patch series.
Changes from v2->v3
1. Fixed spurious white space.
2. Added lockdep for smpboot completion variable.
2. Added a sanity check for hwcap.
Changes from v1->v2
1. Move the cpuid to hartd id map to smp.c from setup.c
2. Split 3rd patch into several small patches based on
3. Added a new patch that fixes an issue in hwcap query.
4. Changed the title of the patch series.
Atish Patra (8):
RISC-V: Do not wait indefinitely in __cpu_up
RISC-V: Move cpuid to hartid mapping to SMP.
RISC-V: Remove NR_CPUs check during hartid search from DT
RISC-V: Allow hartid-to-cpuid function to fail.
RISC-V: Compare cpuid with NR_CPUS before mapping.
clocksource/drivers/riscv: Add required checks during clock source
irqchip/irq-sifive-plic: Check and continue in case of an invalid
RISC-V: Assign hwcap as per comman capabilities.
arch/riscv/include/asm/smp.h | 18 ++++++++++++-----
arch/riscv/kernel/cpu.c | 4 ----
arch/riscv/kernel/cpufeature.c | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++------------------
arch/riscv/kernel/setup.c | 9 ---------
arch/riscv/kernel/smp.c | 10 +++++++++-
arch/riscv/kernel/smpboot.c | 20 ++++++++++++++++---
drivers/clocksource/timer-riscv.c | 23 +++++++++++++++++++---
drivers/irqchip/irq-sifive-plic.c | 5 +++++
8 files changed, 86 insertions(+), 44 deletions(-)