[PATCH AUTOSEL 4.4 19/20] cfg80211: extend range deviation for DMG
From: Sasha Levin
Date: Thu Feb 14 2019 - 21:18:22 EST
From: Chaitanya Tata <chaitanya.tata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[ Upstream commit 93183bdbe73bbdd03e9566c8dc37c9d06b0d0db6 ]
Recently, DMG frequency bands have been extended till 71GHz, so extend
the range check till 20GHz (45-71GHZ), else some channels will be marked
Signed-off-by: Chaitanya Tata <Chaitanya.Tata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@xxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <sashal@xxxxxxxxxx>
net/wireless/reg.c | 4 ++--
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/net/wireless/reg.c b/net/wireless/reg.c
index 50dffd183cc6..429abf421906 100644
@@ -780,7 +780,7 @@ static bool reg_does_bw_fit(const struct ieee80211_freq_range *freq_range,
* definitions (the "2.4 GHz band", the "5 GHz band" and the "60GHz band"),
* however it is safe for now to assume that a frequency rule should not be
* part of a frequency's band if the start freq or end freq are off by more
- * than 2 GHz for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, and by more than 10 GHz for the
+ * than 2 GHz for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, and by more than 20 GHz for the
* 60 GHz band.
* This resolution can be lowered and should be considered as we add
* regulatory rule support for other "bands".
@@ -795,7 +795,7 @@ static bool freq_in_rule_band(const struct ieee80211_freq_range *freq_range,
* with the Channel starting frequency above 45 GHz.
u32 limit = freq_khz > 45 * ONE_GHZ_IN_KHZ ?
- 10 * ONE_GHZ_IN_KHZ : 2 * ONE_GHZ_IN_KHZ;
+ 20 * ONE_GHZ_IN_KHZ : 2 * ONE_GHZ_IN_KHZ;
if (abs(freq_khz - freq_range->start_freq_khz) <= limit)
if (abs(freq_khz - freq_range->end_freq_khz) <= limit)