Re: [v6] coccinelle: semantic code search for missing put_device()

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Sun Feb 17 2019 - 07:01:40 EST

>> Would you dare to interpret my update suggestion (reordering of two identifiers)
>> as a required SmPL script correction?
>
> I didn't suggest to reorder anything.

This is obvious according to your acknowledgement for the sixth version
of this evolving SmPL script.

> Both are needed.

If you would insist on the specification of such an assignment exclusion
for a SmPL ellipsis:
Can we agree on a correct order?

> And, no I don't consider it to be a required suggestion.

Have we got a different view about an implementation detail at this place?

> In practice, reassigning such a variable is very unlikely.

This can be.

Regards,
Markus