Re: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the bpf tree

From: Stanislav Fomichev
Date: Tue Feb 19 2019 - 19:46:02 EST

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 4:41 PM Alexei Starovoitov
<alexei.starovoitov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 4:37 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_progs.c
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> > f6be4d16039b ("selftests/bpf: make sure signal interrupts BPF_PROG_TEST_RUN")
>
> Ouch. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Daniel,
> should we drop this one from bpf tree ?
> I don't think it's strictly necessary.
Yeah, those can go via the bpf-next three as well, not very critical.

OTOH, I don't understand why is there a conflict? bpf and bpf-next
adding tests in the same place/file? Those can be trivially resolved
when bpf and bpf-next are merged in the next window.