Re: linux-next: manual merge of the vhost tree with the iommu tree

From: Jean-Philippe Brucker
Date: Wed Feb 27 2019 - 06:30:53 EST

On 27/02/2019 04:25, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the vhost tree got conflicts in:
>
> drivers/iommu/Kconfig
> drivers/iommu/Makefile
>
> between commit:
>
> 004240dcc222 ("iommu/hyper-v: Add Hyper-V stub IOMMU driver")
>
> from the iommu tree and commit:
>
> d906f4225497 ("iommu: Add virtio-iommu driver")
>
> from the vhost tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.
Thanks Stephen, sorry about the extra work. The virtio-iommu driver was
helpfully added to the vhost tree to ensure it doesn't break anything,
but since Joerg has some reservations, only the hyper-v change will be
merged in v5.1. I'd welcome a change of heart however, in which case the
driver should probably go via the iommu tree to avoid conflicts.

Thanks,
Jean