Re: REGRESSION: dwc2: gadget: Add scatter-gather mode

From: John Stultz
Date: Mon Mar 11 2019 - 12:50:24 EST

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 3:15 AM Marek Szyprowski
<m.szyprowski@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi John
>

> On 2019-03-08 21:53, John Stultz wrote:
> > Hey Andrzej,
> > I just wanted to let you know, trying to boot linus/master on the
> > hikey board today, I've been seeing lots of errors on boot (which
> > sometimes crash the board, and sometimes doesn't). See the example
> > below.
> >
> > I've bisected the issue down to 10209abe87f5 ("usb: dwc2: gadget: Add
> > scatter-gather mode"), and if I revert that change the issue goes
> > away.
> >
> > Looking at the patch, I can't see anything obviously sticking out, but
> > let me know if you have anything suggestions you'd like me to test.
>
> I've CCed new Andrzej's email.
>
> Could you tell a bit more how to reproduce this issue? Which USB
> function are you running on the target system? I've noticed that you are
> using functionfs. Is is possible to get access to the usb function
> daemon to reproduce the problem here? Which version of HiKey board are
> you using?

So this is on a LeMaker HiKey (2gb ram 8gb storage), running AOSP (so
its adbd that is the ffs daemon)

I have a mainline tracking tree which follows mainline here to provide
MALI gpu and other android requirements:
https://git.linaro.org/people/john.stultz/android-dev.git/log/?h=dev/hikey-mainline-WIP

I'm traveling this week, but if you really want to reproduce this
yourself you can grab the system/vendor/boot images here:
https://snapshots.linaro.org/96boards/hikey/linaro/aosp-master/latest/

Then build the kernel w/ the hikey_defconfig and replace the kernel
image in boot.img w/ the abootimg tool.

Let me know if you have any trouble and I can try to help walk you through it.

thanks
-john