Re: Bad file pattern in MAINTAINERS section 'KEYS-TRUSTED'

From: Denis Kenzior
Date: Tue Mar 26 2019 - 10:59:46 EST

Hi James,

On 03/26/2019 09:25 AM, James Bottomley wrote:
Looking at the contents of linux/keys/trusted.h, it looks like the
wrong decision to move it. The contents are way too improperly named
and duplicative to be in a standard header. It's mostly actually TPM
code including a redefinition of the tpm_buf structure, so it doesn't
even seem to be necessary for trusted keys.
The reason this was done was because asym_tpm.c needed a bunch of the same functionality already provided by trusted.c, e.g. TSS_authmac and friends.

If you want to fix this as a bug, I'd move it back again, but long term
I think it should simply be combined with trusted.c because nothing
else can include it sanely anyway.

Ideally I'd like to see the TPM subsystem expose these functions using some proper API / library abstraction. David Howells had an RFC patch set that tried to address some of this a while back. Not sure if that went anywhere.

Regards,
-Denis