Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rtc tree with the omap tree

From: Keerthy
Date: Tue Apr 09 2019 - 09:25:38 EST

On 09/04/19 10:52 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rtc tree got a conflict in:

drivers/rtc/rtc-omap.c

between commit:

6256f7f7f217 ("rtc: OMAP: Add support for rtc-only mode")

from the omap tree and commit:

35118b7a4ea0 ("rtc: omap: let the core handle range")

from the rtc tree.

I fixed it up (I used the latter resolution around tm2bcd() changes) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Thanks Stephen. I have tested with Latest next and rtc+ddr mode is functional with an additional fix that Tony is about to queue.

I also reviewed the rtc driver and looks fine.