Re: Linux Testing Microconference at LPC

From: Veronika Kabatova
Date: Thu Apr 25 2019 - 09:37:56 EST

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dhaval Giani" <dhaval.giani@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Sasha Levin" <alexander.levin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "shuah" <shuah@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Kevin Hilman" <khilman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> "Tim Bird" <tbird20d@xxxxxxxxx>, "LKML" <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

as CKI team, we would like to join the Plumbers discussions about CI for
kernel. We obviously have our own working pipeline but would like to get
more involved with the other upstream projects working on the same and
collaborate on common solutions.

I already started some of these discussions on automated-testing mailing
list and got in contact with Kevin about the possibility of joining forces
with KernelCI project.

Our team planned to organize a 'hackfest' for upstream CI during the
conference but I heard that the Automated Testing Summit should likely take
place during that time too. If that's the case, we should meet up and
discuss everything there instead of organizing a separate event.

Information and links about CKI Project can be be found at [1] in case
people are curious. Some of the things we'd like to achieve is having a
single source for all upstream kernel test results where anyone doing the
testing can publish them and collaborate on solving common problems (like
interpreting test results, making build times faster, increasing the test
coverage, detecting regressions etc.)

With one of my colleagues, we will submit a microconference proposal that
could serve as the starting point for the followup discussions about these
topics.

We would like to get feedback from kernel developers and maintainers about
their expectations for testing and receiving results, as well as discuss
the collaboration with other testing/CI projects.

Veronika Kabatova
CKI Project

[1] https://cki-project.org/