Re: Why do we mark vpending table as non-shareable in GICR_VPENDBASER?

From: Heyi Guo
Date: Thu May 09 2019 - 08:06:27 EST

After thinking about it for a while, I feel it difficult to image how non shareable plus normal cacheable works for vpending table. Supposing the shareability bits are to direct the corresponding GICR to read/write table memory, if a vPE is first scheduled on pCPU0 with GICR0 and an VLPI is triggered, so a pending bit in vpending table is set by GICR0 (or ITS?); before the interrupt is activated, the vPE is then scheduled on pCPU1 with GICR1, could GICR1 still be guaranteed to see the pending bit in vpending table when the shareability is non-shareable?

It seems more reasonable for physical pending table to be non-shareable, for it is pinned with one GICR. Even with this assumption, the code will still fall back to non-cacheable cacheability when we have no more choice for shareability attribute other than non-shareable, as the comment says:

/*
* The HW reports non-shareable, we must remove the
* cacheability attributes as well.
*/

Did I miss something?

Thanks,