Re: [RFC KVM 03/27] KVM: x86: Introduce KVM separate virtual address space

From: Alexandre Chartre
Date: Mon May 13 2019 - 12:08:20 EST

On 5/13/19 5:45 PM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 7:39 AM Alexandre Chartre

From: Liran Alon <liran.alon@xxxxxxxxxx>

Create a separate mm for KVM that will be active when KVM #VMExit
handlers run. Up until the point which we architectully need to
access host (or other VM) sensitive data.

This patch just create kvm_mm but never makes it active yet.
This will be done by next commits.

NAK to this whole pile of code. KVM is not so special that it can
duplicate core infrastructure like this. Use copy_init_mm() or
improve it as needed.

--Andy

This was originally inspired from how efi_mm is built. If I remember
correctly copy_init_mm() or other mm init functions do initialization
we don't need in this case; we basically want a blank mm. I will have
another look at copy_init_mm().

In any case, if we really need a mm create/init function I agree it
doesn't below to kvm. For now, this part of shortcuts used for the POC.

alex.