Re: [GIT PULL] arm64: Second round of fixes for -rc2

From: Will Deacon
Date: Fri May 24 2019 - 14:22:10 EST

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 11:14:02AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Only tangentially relevant to this pull request:
>
> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:44 AM Will Deacon <will.deacon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > - Add workaround for Cortex-A76 CPU erratum #1463225
> > - Handle Cortex-A76/Neoverse-N1 erratum #1418040 w/ existing workaround
>
> could you perhaps talk to somebody inside ARM about making the errata
> documentation publicly available?
>
> I'm not sure why it seems to want an account at arm.com, and as a
> result some pretty fundamental development tools ("let me google
> that") don't work.

We recently removed a whole bunch of click-through/registration things
for our documentation, so I'm surprised that it's still the case for
the errata document (but it does appear to be).

I'll see if this can be fixed. After all, we end up descibing the thing
in the Kconfig text anyway...

Cheers,

Will