Pointers on using the extcon-adc-jack driver

From: George Hilliard
Date: Wed Jun 12 2019 - 14:04:18 EST

I have question about using the extcon-adc-jack code, which uses an
ADC to provide an extcon device. This is exactly what I need for my
hardware.

Currently it seems like it's set up to only be called from other C
"platform" code, although I can't find any examples of such code on
the internet at all, never mind in the kernel tree. I am interested
in putting this driver in the device tree for my board. Would you be
amenable to patches adding device tree support for this driver (and
maybe other related extcon drivers)? Or have I overlooked the
"correct" way to use this module?

Thanks!
--George Hilliard