input: Device Tree Properties for Captouch Button Device Registers

From: Ken Sloat
Date: Wed Jun 19 2019 - 09:00:17 EST

Hello Dmitry,

We have a new input driver we are currently working on and would like to submit
to the Linux kernel when we finish it. Specifically, this is a cap touch IC which
implements potentially multiple individual proximity and cap touch buttons (which
would be reported like key events as seems to be the standard). A couple of questions:

1. What is the preferred/proper method to expose the many registers that
these devices have via device tree?

These devices have dozens of registers, many of which might be needed depending
on the individual application. It wouldn't be useful in the majority of cases to provide
default values in the driver as the registers are custom tuned to the individual application.

2. Where should this device live? I am guessing in input/misc?

Thanks,
Ken Sloat