Re: linux-next: manual merge of the scsi tree with Linus' tree

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Thu Jun 20 2019 - 21:14:57 EST

James,

> There's two problems. One is simple terminology: the
> Documentation/process/licence-rules.rst say:
>
> GPL-2.0 means GPL 2 only
> GPL-2.0+ means GPL 2 or later
>
> I believe RMS made a fuss about this and he finally agreed to
>
> GPL-2.0-only
> GPL-2.0-or-later

Looks like there are tons of the old style SPDX tags in the kernel. Is
there going to be a treewide conversion to the new tag format?

Just wondering how much to clean up given that the files Christoph
touched only constitute a subset of the old style tags found under
drivers/scsi.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering