Re: PROBLEM: Marvell 88E8040 (sky2) fails after hibernation

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jun 24 2019 - 15:49:07 EST

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 1:08 AM Octavio Alvarez <octallk1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I boot regularly (disable_msi not set) and then do modprobe -r sky2;
> modprobe sky2 disable_msi=1, the problem stays (when back from
> hibernation, the NIC does not work).

Side note: some distros end up unloading and reloading modules over suspend.

I wonder if perhaps your system does that, and then when it resumes it
has reloaded the sky2 driver, but without your manual "disable_msi=1"?

Because it sounds odd that it would work with the kernel command line
but not manually, and so I wonder if perhaps there's a hidden module
unload/load that causes that second case..

Linus