Re: [RFC] remove arch/sh?

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Date: Tue Jun 25 2019 - 05:02:42 EST

Hi Christoph!

> arch/sh seems pretty much unmaintained these days. The last time I got
> any reply to sh patches from the list maintainers, and the last maintainer
> pull request was over a year ago, and even that has been rather sporadic.
>
> In the meantime we've not really seen any updates for new kernel features
> and code seems to be bitrotting.

We're still using sh4 in Debian and most of the stuff works fine. There is
one patch by Michael Karcher that fixes a bug in the kprobes code that someone
should pull in as it unbreaks the kernel with kprobes enabled [1].

Yoshinori Sato is still active sporadically and has a kernel tree here
where he collects patches for -next [2].

Otherwise, the kernel works fine.

Adrian

--
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz