Re: [bisected] "mm/vmalloc: Add flag for freeing of special permsissions" corrupts memory on ia64

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Mon Jul 08 2019 - 16:53:14 EST

I am out of the office and don't have access to this hardware either. I
will try to find someone at Intel that does to speed this up. In the
meantime I can send you a logging patch to do some sanity checks if you
are able to run it.

I am also cut off from testing anything - it seems the air conditioning
unit in my test site has failked for good now and the earliest I can test
anything is next week.

I think I found your earlier mail, and it said 5.2-rc1 did not show the
problem. I guess this wasn't the case after further testing, but 5.1
continued to be problem free?

Yes, 5.2-rc1 was problematic in retesting, and 5.1 was OK.

I also started suspecting binutils upgrade meanwhile - I upgraded binutils
to 2.31.1-p5 in Gentoo right after booting into 5.1, but the bisection
results were finally consistent so I did not look into binutils versions
further. gcc has not changed for me recently.

--
Meelis Roos <mroos@xxxxxxxx>