Re: exfat filesystem

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Tue Jul 09 2019 - 12:46:21 EST

On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 08:48:34AM -0700, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> Interesting analysis. It seems to me that the correct forms would be
> observed if someone suitably senior at Microsoft accepted the work from
> Valdis and submitted it with their sign-off. KY, how about it?

It might be that the simplest way to do this is just to have someone
from Microsoft send the pull request (with a signed tag) to Linus.
There are any number ways to arrange this but the PGP-signed tag might
be sufficient. Alternatively, some kind of declaration from a
Microsoft lawyer to OIN might be sufficient. This is where asking the
LF if they can bring together a meeting of the minds of LF, OIN, and
Microsoft lawyers might make things much easier.

- Ted