Re: [RFC v2 00/27] Kernel Address Space Isolation

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Thu Jul 11 2019 - 18:38:59 EST

On 7/11/19 7:25 AM, Alexandre Chartre wrote:
> - Kernel code mapped to the ASI page-table has been reduced to:
> . the entire kernel (I still need to test with only the kernel text)
> . the cpu entry area (because we need the GDT to be mapped)
> . the cpu ASI session (for managing ASI)
> . the current stack
>
> - Optionally, an ASI can request the following kernel mapping to be added:
> . the stack canary
> . the cpu offsets (this_cpu_off)
> . the current task
> . RCU data (rcu_data)
> . CPU HW events (cpu_hw_events).

I don't see the per-cpu areas in here. But, the ASI macros in
entry_64.S (and asi_start_abort()) use per-cpu data.

Also, this stuff seems to do naughty stuff (calling C code, touching
per-cpu data) before the PTI CR3 writes have been done. But, I don't
see anything excluding PTI and this code from coexisting.