Re: [Intel-gfx] screen freeze with 5.2-rc6 Dell XPS-13 skylake i915

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Wed Jul 24 2019 - 15:23:52 EST

Hi Jose,

James Bottomley schreef op do 18-07-2019 om 06:29 [+0900]:
> On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 23:27 +0200, Paul Bolle wrote:
> > I've just reached a day of uptime with your revert. (The proper
> > uptime is just a fraction of a day, this being a laptop.) Anyhow, no
> > screen freezes occurred during this day.
>
> I'm afraid my status is that I'm in Tokyo doing conference
> presentations (and kernel demos) so I'm a bit reluctant to mess with my
> setup until I finish everything on Friday, but I will test it after
> then, promise.

By now I'm testing this for a week (currently on top of 5.2.2). Still no
freezes whatsoever.

So what's the status of this revert? Unless this is something pretty obscure
that for some odd reason only James and I are able to hit it would be nice to
get this into stable before the main distros switch over to 5.2.y.

Thanks,

Paul Bolle