Re: Linux 4.9.180 build fails with gcc 9 and 'cleanup_module' specifies less restrictive attribute than its target â

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Fri Aug 02 2019 - 12:56:08 EST

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 5:56 PM Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see a ton of warnings on those kernels today. I'll look into it next
> week after I apply your patches to see what's missing.

Yeah, the objtool ones -- I thought you were referring to the
-Wmissing-attributes that Rolf asked about (I am not sure why Rolf has
those as -Werror rather than warnings, though).

I can take a look at the objtool ones and see if applying some of the
patches helps, although I have never looked into how objtool works, so
no promises :)

Cheers,
Miguel