Re: [GIT PULL] SafeSetID MAINTAINERS file update for v5.3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Aug 04 2019 - 13:12:27 EST

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 11:11 AM Micah Morton <mortonm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Add entry in MAINTAINERS file for SafeSetID LSM.

So I've pulled this now.

However, I have to say that I'm now very nervous about future pulls,
simply because the last one had basically everything that can be wrong
be wrong.

Random rebasing of existing commits, a random merge with no sane merge
message.. All complete no-no's.

So I will have to remember to be careful when pulling from you, and
you need to get into a habit of not doing those things.

One very powerful git tool is "gitk". It's just a good idea to use it
to *visualize* to yourself what it is you actually have. Do something
like

git fetch linus (or "upstream" or "origin" or whatever your
remote branch for my tree is called)
gitk linus/master..

which should show you very clearly what you have that is not in my
tree, and should show any odd merges etc.

Just doing "git diff" doesn't show garbage _history_, it only shows
the differences between the two states. There can be crazy bad history
that doesn't show up in the diff, exactly because you had duplicate
commits or something like that.

Linus