Re: Merge branch 'floppy'

From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Date: Thu Aug 08 2019 - 05:27:19 EST

On 31.07.19 22:36, Alex Henrie wrote:

Just for the record: I have an Ubuntu machine, still in daily use,
that has a floppy disk connector on the motherboard. The motherboard
was made in 2006 if I remember correctly and has a quad-core Intel
CPU. It has both a 3.5" and a 5.25" drive installed and they get used
every time somebody finds another pile of floppy disks in Grandpa's
garage.

I also have a stack of floppy drives (3.5'' and 5.25'') in storage,
and several machines with fdd ports (also classic ISA and IDE ports).
Haven't turned them on for long time, but should still be working.

If anyone's interested in the HW, just let me know.

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info@xxxxxxxxx -- +49-151-27565287