Re: [Question] audit_names use after delete in audit_filter_inodes

From: Paul Moore
Date: Mon Aug 26 2019 - 16:43:07 EST

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 3:22 AM Chen Wandun <chenwandun@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2019/8/21 23:36, Paul Moore wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 5:31 AM Chen Wandun <chenwandun@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >> Recently, I hit a use after delete in audit_filter_inodes,

> >> the call stack is below:
> >> [321315.077117] CPU: 6 PID: 8944 Comm: DefSch0100 Tainted: G OE ----V------- 3.10.0-327.62.59.83.w75.x86_64 #1
> >> [321315.077117] Hardware name: OpenStack Foundation OpenStack Nova, BIOS rel-1.8.1-0-g4adadbd-20170107_142945-9_64_246_229 04/01/2014
> >
> > It looks like this is a vendor kernel and not an upstream kernel, yes?
>
> I analysed the upstream kernel about audit, and found there is no significant change
> in audit_names add/read/delete since v3.10.

The number of changes in a Linux v3.10 based distro kernel and a
modern upstream are quite significant, regardless of what you might
see by comparing a limited number of functions/structs. I once again
suggest you contact your distribution provider for support, or move to
a modern Linux kernel so that upstream can better understand your
problem.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com