Re: [kbuild-all] [tip: x86/vmware] input/vmmouse: Update the backdoor call with support for new instructions

From: Philip Li
Date: Fri Aug 30 2019 - 11:21:56 EST

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 05:06:53PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 11:00:02PM +0800, Philip Li wrote:
> > Early on, there's requirement to blacklist a few branches, which is configured
> > as below
> > blacklist_branch: auto-.*|tmp-.*|base-.*|test.*|.*-for-linus
>
> Looks about right.
>
> > Except the blacklist branches, we will monitor all other branches.
>
> Ok, good to know. Just as an optimization to your workflow, in case
> you're interested: the tip/master branch merges all tip branches so if
> you're trying to prioritize which branches to test first due to resource
> constraints, I'd go with tip/master first and then, when I have free
> cycles, I'd do the topic branches.
thanks a lot for the advice. Meanwhile, the internal logic merges branches
to test once to speed up, most of time, more branches will not increase the
build testing workload. Of course, for the non merged branches, we need
test individually, and we will take this information into consideration
to add to our TODO.