Re: Coccinelle: pci_free_consistent: Checking when constraints

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Sun Sep 08 2019 - 08:49:37 EST

> The when exists below these lines has an impact.

This parameter should result in a desirable effect.

> I believe that the rule is ok as is.

I wonder about the relevance of the shown double if statement exclusion.

> A single path may have no call to pci_free_consistent,

We come along different views around the provided software functionality
once more.

> but if it has that call under one of the mentioned ifs,
> then the path is still ok,

I find that this information can need further clarification.

> and not something that an error should be reported about.

I do not expect an error message from the SmPL script execution here.

I just try again to clarify if the specification of a single function call
exclusion can (and should) be sufficient also at this place.

Regards,
Markus