Re: Status of led-backlight driver

From: Jean-Jacques Hiblot
Date: Mon Sep 09 2019 - 07:46:58 EST

Hi Daniel,

On 09/09/2019 13:14, Daniel Thompson wrote:
On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 12:07:27PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

I don't see the LED-backlight driver in -next. Could it be pushed? It
is one of last pieces to get working backlight on Motorola Droid 4...
Sorry, I dropped the ball on this and was therefore rather late
reviewing this patchset.

Assuming I have read the code correctly I think there are some
problems with the max_brightness handling in the backlight code.

Can you comment this? I'll be happy to fix the problem.

Reading the v4 again, I noticed that that I still had not removed the brightness scaling. Is that the problem ?

JJ

Daniel.