Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the arm tree

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin
Date: Wed Sep 11 2019 - 12:04:13 EST

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 03:21:07PM +0100, Mike Rapoport wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 03:21:28PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> > This is correctly signed off, but Mike didn't send the patch correctly.
> > It missed a From: line for the proper author, so the patch was committed
> > as if Mike had authored it, which he didn't.
>
> Sorry about that, haven't used the patch system for couple of years now.
> Would you like me to resubmit the patch?

No, I recommitted with the correct author. The patch system takes
standard formatted patches (in the format you'd send to the mailing
lists, complete with the From: header in the first line of the
description, as if you're passing a patch along from someone else)
with the exception of the KernelVersion: header which needs to appear
somewhere before the patch (which can be either body or header.)