Re: Experimental branch

From: Paul Walmsley
Date: Thu Oct 31 2019 - 15:30:30 EST

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019, Anup Patel wrote:

> You can drop the KVM RISC-V patches from your experimental branch.

We're not only doing it for you ;-)

> We are already maintaining KVM RISC-V patches (and dependent patches)
> in the official KVM RISC-V gitrepo at: https://github.com/kvm-riscv/linux.git
>
> All KVM RISC-V related work will go through above mentioned gitrepo
> in-future. This gitrepo is co-maintained by me and Atish.

It's great that you guys have your own git repository for KVM patch
development!

For upstreaming, all of the RISC-V KVM changes under arch/riscv need to go
up via the arch/riscv maintainers to ensure a coherent maintenance
approach across arch/riscv. We may work out something with Paolo in the
future.

thanks,

- Paul