Re: Build regressions/improvements in v5.4-rc5

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Fri Nov 01 2019 - 05:56:07 EST

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 10:39 AM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JFYI, when comparing v5.4-rc5[1] to v5.4-rc4[3], the summaries are:
> - build errors: +1/-0

+ /kisskb/src/drivers/staging/octeon/ethernet-spi.c: error:
'OCTEON_IRQ_RML' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean
'OCTEON_IS_MODEL'?: => 224:12, 198:19

This was "fixed" in v5.4-rc4/mips/mips-allmodconfig, but reappeared
in v5.4-rc5/mips-gcc8/mips-allmodconfig, presumably due to a different
"make -j" compile order.

Michael: perhaps you can use "make -k", so the build continues as far as
it can get, and we no longer see these fake changes?

Thanks!

> [1] http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/linus/head/d6d5df1db6e9d7f8f76d2911707f7d5877251b02/ (232 out of 242 configs)
> [3] http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/linus/head/7d194c2100ad2a6dded545887d02754948ca5241/ (232 out of 242 configs)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,