Re: s390/pkey: Use memdup_user() rather than duplicating its implementation

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Thu Nov 07 2019 - 01:50:21 EST

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 07:30:19PM +0100, Christian Borntraeger wrote:

> >> This doesn't fix anything
> >
> > How would you categorise the proposed source code reduction and software reuse?
>
> Cleanup.
>
> Can you please stop arguing about review feedback that is clearly right? This is not fixing
> anything. The Fixes tag is used to decide if something needs a backport.

Fixes tags are independent from backports. If you want a backport you
should CC stable.

Fixes tags are useful for a bunch of things like when you're reviewing a
patch you can look at the original commit to see what was intended.
Also we can do automated analysis to see what sort of commits introduce
bugs (did they spend time in linux-next etc).

regards,
dan carpenter