Re: Linux-next-20191106 : arm64: Internal error: Oops: 96000007

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Thu Nov 07 2019 - 03:00:41 EST

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 5:17 PM Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 04:07:52PM +0000, Robin Murphy wrote:
>
> > FWIW this smells like a builtin driver had its of_device_id table marked
> > __init, leaving drv->of_match_table as a dangling pointer to freed memory by
> > this point.
>
> Indeed, in fact I sent a fix for this to Linus Walleij yesterday having
> seen the relevant build warning when testing -next. Someone already
> reported that it fixed the boot issues. Hopefully Linus will pick it up
> soon :/

Yeah picked it up and pushed out now. I wish I'd been quicker with
it but the patch spot activity has been high. (Bad signal-to-noise
ratio on the mailing lists.)

I wonder if it's worth to look at the static checkers like checkpatch
to warn for this?

There is always a bit of delicate balance between just fixing some
weird one-off problems and making sure they never happen again.

Yours,
Linus Walleij