Re: [LTP] [xfs] 73e5fff98b: kmsg.dev/zero:Can't_open_blockdev

From: Rong Chen
Date: Wed Nov 13 2019 - 19:44:26 EST

On 11/13/19 2:16 PM, Jan Stancek wrote:

----- Original Message -----
# mount -t xfs /dev/zero /mnt/xfs
Assuming that is what is being done ...
Arrrh, of course, a difference between get_tree_bdev() and
mount_bdev() is that get_tree_bdev() prints this message when
blkdev_get_by_path() fails whereas mount_bdev() doesn't.

Both however do return an error in this case so the behaviour
is the same.

So I'm calling this not a problem with the subject patch.

What needs to be done to resolve this in ltp I don't know?
I think that's question for kernel test robot, which has this extra
check built on top. ltp itself doesn't treat this extra message as FAIL.

Jan

Hi all,

Thanks for your help, kernel test robot bisected automatically for new error:

 kern :err : [ 135.993912] /dev/zero: Can't open blockdev

Please ignore the report if it's not a problem.

Best Regards,
Rong Chen