Re: linux-next: manual merge of the generic-ioremap tree with the risc-v tree

From: Paul Walmsley
Date: Tue Nov 19 2019 - 13:33:12 EST

Christoph,

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 05:45:01PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > 0c3ac28931d5 ("riscv: separate MMIO functions into their own header file")
>
> As already mentioned in reply to this patch when it was posted I think
> this kinda of split is a very bad idea.

Unless I missed a followup from you, you mentioned that you thought there
might be a better way to implement it, but you didn't highlight any
problems with it:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-riscv/20191031155608.GB7270@xxxxxx/

If you think there's something critically wrong with the patch that can be
fixed in time for the merge window, I'm happy to take a look at a
proposal. Otherwise I think we'll need to drop the nommu set from the
v5.5 queue.

- Paul