Re: net-next/master bisection: boot on beaglebone-black

From: Guillaume Tucker
Date: Fri Nov 22 2019 - 13:02:12 EST

On 22/11/2019 17:36, David Miller wrote:
> From: "kernelci.org bot" <bot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 04:16:01 -0800 (PST)
>
>> mdio_bus: Fix PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant
>>
>> Fix coccinelle warning:
>>
>> ./drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c:67:5-12: ERROR: PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant on line 62
>> ./drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c:68:5-12: ERROR: PTR_ERR applied after initialization to constant on line 62
>
> The kernelci.org bot has posted at least a half dozen of these bisection
> results for the same exact bug, which we've fixed two days ago....
>
> This is becomming more like spam and not very useful....

As far as I can tell, it's the first time someone replies to say
this issue is already fixed. Sorry if I've missed an email.

Also, it's apparently not fixed in the net-next tree which
explains why it was reported again. I guess we need to disable
bisections in net-next until it gets rebased and includes the
fix, and add a way to mark issues fixed somewhere else in
KernelCI to avoid this situation in the future.

Thanks,
Guillaume