Re: One question about trusted key of keyring in Linux kernel.

From: James Bottomley
Date: Tue Dec 03 2019 - 22:34:28 EST

On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 03:01 +0000, Zhao, Shirley wrote:
> Hi, James,
>
> Using policy digest to reload trusted key, doesn't work, either.
> Please check the steps below.
> I think policy digest should be calculated by TPM when verifying the
> policy to reload key.

You misunderstand my meaning: the API we have now doesn't work; the key
blob the kernel returns currently after key create won't reload because
it contains extraneous data. I was proposing a working API I thought
might replace it, but obviously it has to be coded up and accepted into
a kernel version before you can use it.

If you want to get trusted keys working today, I think the TPM 1.2 API
still works if you have a TPM 1.2 system.

James