Re: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Read in fbcon_get_font

From: Tetsuo Handa
Date: Thu Dec 05 2019 - 05:42:42 EST

On 2019/12/05 19:22, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Ah, and because the machine is a KVM guest, kvm_wait appears in a lot of
> backtrace and I get to share syzkaller's joy every time. :)
>
> This bisect result is bogus, though Tetsuo found the bug anyway.
> Perhaps you can exclude commits that only touch architectures other than
> x86?

It would be nice if coverage functionality can extract filenames in the source
code and supply the list of filenames as arguments for bisect operation.

Also, (unrelated but) it would be nice if we can have "make yes2modconfig"
target which converts CONFIG_FOO=y to CONFIG_FOO=m if FOO is tristate.
syzbot is testing kernel configs close to "make allyesconfig" but I want to
save kernel rebuild time by disabling unrelated functionality when manually
"debug printk()ing" kernels.