[PATCH tip/core/rcu 11/12] powerpc: Remove comment about read_barrier_depends()
Date: Mon Dec 09 2019 - 23:08:00 EST
From: Will Deacon <will@xxxxxxxxxx>
'read_barrier_depends()' doesn't exist anymore so stop talking about it.
Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <will@xxxxxxxxxx>
Acked-by: Michael Ellerman <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxx>
arch/powerpc/include/asm/barrier.h | 2 --
1 file changed, 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/barrier.h b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/barrier.h
index fbe8df4..123adce 100644
@@ -18,8 +18,6 @@
* mb() prevents loads and stores being reordered across this point.
* rmb() prevents loads being reordered across this point.
* wmb() prevents stores being reordered across this point.
- * read_barrier_depends() prevents data-dependent loads being reordered
- * across this point (nop on PPC).
* *mb() variants without smp_ prefix must order all types of memory
* operations with one another. sync is the only instruction sufficient